Search This Blog

Friday, February 27, 2015

Stash Buster #16 (of 48) - and my FIRST BurdaStyle Pattern!

BurdaStyle 130a-112014 on PatternReview.com


I love this top - but seriously, I am a 38DD at minimum, so normally I should only cut out a 48 - and this pattern maxes out at a 44.
So - I had to do a mother of a FBA on this puppy - 9 cm at the apex!  Let me tell you - the armscythe was a sad puppy at the end of all the manipulations - I actually had to release it by cutting along the seam line and letting it fall back into shape.

This is my (hopefully wearable) muslin - I am waiting for someone to come home and take a picture, but the fit is pretty darn great - I have a dart at the side seam:


UPDATE:  Photo of the Finished Product  (I love my crown) :

(my dog managed a photo-bomb, again)

No comments:

Post a Comment